5 Reasons Pre-Marital Coaching is Like Working Out

So often we think of counseling as appropriate for when something is broken or in crisis. This is not the case with pre-marital counseling or coaching.

So, for starters, what is pre-marital? It comes in many forms - it may be classes you take with a few other couples, either through an organization that specializes in this or through a faith community. It may be a whole day or weekend retreat. It may be customized sessions spread out over a few months with just yourselves and a professional coach or therapist who will have you access resources, possibly complete assessments or read articles.

Whatever the format or philosophy one of the key aims is to equip you with tools for highly effective dialogue and lasting relational intimacy.

So, how is this pre-marital work like working out?

Working out makes muscles you already have even stronger. 

Participating in pre-marital work is not about being taught basic things that you know nothing about. It is about working relationship muscles that you already have to make them more effective and stronger. For example, you already listen to each other but, like all of us, could get even better at listening to your partner.

Working out has short-term and long-term benefits. 

Pre-marital classes and coaching will offer you immediate benefits - providing a safe and supportive environment to have important conversations, being exposed to resources and motivational material. Perhaps even more importantly, pre-marital work helps you to establish healthy life-long patterns. Just like regularly working out, this work can prevent issues and problems later on in your lives together.

There are great pieces of equipment that help you work out more effectively. 

Relationship power-tools and methods can simply make your relationship better. Whether the topic is conflict or decision-making or love languages, learning to use the right tools at the right time will make a huge difference in the strength and flexibility of your marriage.

Toned and strong muscles are less likely to get injured. 

It is inevitable - there will be stress on your marriage. External stress, internal stress. If you start to intentionally build great habits and skills early in your relationship they will sustain you through the rough times. Every relationship will have times of heavy-lifting.

Working out is a very effective de-stressor. 

The support of pre-marital coaching or counseling can be a huge help as you prepare for one of the most important, and possibly one of the more stressful times in your relationship. Be it immediate family issues or simply the logistics of a wedding can bring a lot of stress. Professional support in creating effective strategies for your wedding is amazingly de-stressing!

As both an executive coach and a partnership coach, I can say with confidence that the skills you will learn in pre-marital work will serve you well in other relationships, including in your career.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You will be putting many resources in to your big day. Please also invest resources into your marriage!

Marilyn Orr, The Luv Life Coach

Marilyn Orr is a relationship coach with Luv Life Coaching, passionate about equipping couples with the tools for real and lasting intimacy.

Is Luv Life Coaching an appropriate next step for you? Take our online questionnaire to find out: http://luvlifecoaching.com/questionnaire


63 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
excellent points altogether, you simply won a new reader.
What could you suggest in regards to your post that you simply made a few days ago?
Any positive?

Tue, May 7, 2019 @ 3:38 PM

2. maria petersen wrote:
It was the help of Dr Joe that helped me bring back my lost lover who left me for 2 months without saying goodbye, I miss him so much cause he was my first boyfriend ever and i hate to be called an ex lover and could not bear the pain of the heartbreak, I tried all mean i could to get him back and even search on google on how to get your lover back it was then i read a testimony of a lady who got her husband back with the spell of Dr,Joe who is very powerful and have the gift to reunite broken homes, marriages, relationships, etc. I immediately copied out his contact info which was ([email protected]) or ([email protected]) i mailed all my complains to him and told him how depressed i was and i was ready to do anything just to have him back, Today am a happy woman because his spell work and it took me just 48 hours to see results and i was very happy when my man came back home begging in tears, once again thanks to Dr, Joe for his powerful spell that brought back my lover as we are now living happily ever after
EMAIL: [email protected]
Hotmail: [email protected]
phone number/Whats APP (+1) 4146229522
REGARDS

Fri, May 10, 2019 @ 4:29 AM

3. wrote:
Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed!
Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :
) I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this particular information for
a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Fri, May 10, 2019 @ 2:59 PM

4. wrote:
For the reason that the admin of this site is
working, no hesitation very shortly it will be well-known, due to its quality
contents.

Thu, May 16, 2019 @ 9:57 AM

5. wrote:
Hi there, of course this article is actually pleasant and I
have learned lot of things from it on the topic of
blogging. thanks.

Tue, May 28, 2019 @ 10:29 PM

6. wrote:
Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.
Nevertheless just imagine if you added some great pictures or video
clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content
is excellent but with pics and video clips, this blog could
undeniably be one of the best in its niche. Wonderful blog!

Mon, June 10, 2019 @ 12:15 PM

7. wrote:
Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much, However I am having difficulties with your RSS.
I don't know why I cannot join it. Is there anyone else having the same RSS issues?

Anybody who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

Mon, June 17, 2019 @ 9:32 AM

8. wrote:
I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this blog
on regular basis to get updated from latest news.

Wed, July 10, 2019 @ 11:32 PM

9. LUCY wrote:
A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR.TAKUTA) THAT HELP
ME GET MY EX HUSBAND BACK, AM SO HAPPY
My name is LUCY SETHI from USA .I am here to
give testimony on how I got my husband back.
My husband left me for no reason 3 years ago.
He moved in with another woman, I felt like
killing myself, my life became very bitter and
sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me
about a great spell caster that is very good and,
he said he gave him some lucky numbers that he
played in a lottery and he won. I didn't believe it
because I've worked with so many of them and it
didn't work. He begged me further so I decided
to try this great spell caster called DR TAKUTA. I
still didn't believe. I used the spell he gave me
and the next day I received a call from my
darling husband Thomas last month. He
apologized and came back to me. He even gave
me 10,000USD as a means of compensating me.
I'm very happy now. please i will advise you to contact him
now and see for your self his Email is via____
[email protected] or whatsapp him
through the following contact on +27788634102


Dr.TAKUTA also cures:
1. HEPATITIS A,B,C
2. HERPES 1/2
3.DIABETES
4.STROKE.
5.HIV/AIDS HERBAL CURE, STDS and STI
6. MARRIAGE COUNSELLING
7.LOVE SPELL CASTING
8.JOB PROMOTION SPELLS
9.MARITAL PROBLEM
10.MAGIC MONEY SPELLS

Wed, July 31, 2019 @ 5:40 PM

10. wrote:
It's actually a great and useful piece of information.
I'm happy that you simply shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

Wed, August 14, 2019 @ 5:38 PM

11. wrote:
Hi there great website! Does running a blog such as this take a great
deal of work? I have very little expertise in programming
however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
Anyhow, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.
I understand this is off topic however I just had to ask.
Thank you!

Sun, August 18, 2019 @ 5:42 AM

12. wrote:
My family members all the time say that I am wasting my time
here at web, however I know I am getting know-how every day by reading thes nice
articles.

Sat, August 24, 2019 @ 8:10 AM

13. wrote:
Thankfulness to my father who told me regarding this weblog, this webpage is in fact remarkable.

Tue, September 3, 2019 @ 2:39 PM

14. wrote:
First off I would like to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you
do not mind. I was interested to find out how
you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing.
I've had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts
out. I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like
the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost just trying
to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations
or hints? Many thanks!

Wed, September 25, 2019 @ 7:27 PM

15. wrote:
Incredible quest there. What occurred after? Take care!

Sat, October 12, 2019 @ 5:42 AM

16. wrote:
An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who had
been doing a little homework on this. And he in fact bought me lunch simply because I
stumbled upon it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this....
Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time
to talk about this matter here on your web site.

Tue, November 12, 2019 @ 12:41 AM

17. wrote:
I got this site from my buddy who shared with me regarding this web site and at the moment
this time I am browsing this site and reading
very informative articles or reviews here.

Sun, November 24, 2019 @ 5:56 AM

18. wrote:
I don't even understand how I ended up here, but
I assumed this publish used to be good. I don't realize who you might
be however definitely you're going to a well-known blogger if you aren't already.
Cheers!

Sun, November 24, 2019 @ 6:48 AM

19. wrote:
Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted
to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your articles.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?

Thank you!

Sat, November 30, 2019 @ 12:18 PM

20. wrote:
Amazing! Its really remarkable piece of writing, I have
got much clear idea about from this post.

Mon, December 2, 2019 @ 8:01 AM

21. wrote:
Hey there! I've been reading your web site for a while now and finally
got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Humble Texas!
Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic job!

Tue, December 3, 2019 @ 11:21 AM

22. wrote:
Hello, I would like to subscribe for this webpage to take most up-to-date updates, therefore where can i do
it please assist.

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 6:25 AM

23. wrote:
I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both educative and amusing, and
without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
The issue is something that not enough people are speaking
intelligently about. Now i'm very happy I came across this in my hunt for something relating to this.

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 6:48 AM

24. wrote:
You really make it seem really easy along with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be really something that I believe I would by no means
understand. It seems too complex and extremely extensive
for me. I am having a look ahead for your subsequent
submit, I will try to get the grasp of it!

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 7:03 AM

25. wrote:
I read this article fully on the topic of the comparison of
newest and earlier technologies, it's awesome article.

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 7:44 AM

26. wrote:
This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post.
Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 11:33 AM

27. wrote:
Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using?
I'm going to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a hard time making
a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs
and I'm looking for something completely unique.
P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to
ask!

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 12:45 PM

28. wrote:
It's actually a great and helpful piece of information. I'm happy that you
simply shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this.

Thanks for sharing.

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 9:06 PM

29. wrote:
Hi, everything is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's actually
excellent, keep up writing.

Wed, December 11, 2019 @ 12:54 PM

30. wrote:
Thanks very interesting blog!

Thu, December 12, 2019 @ 1:25 PM

31. wrote:
I was curious if you ever considered changing the structure of your
blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.

But maybe you could a little more in the way
of content so people could connect with it better.

Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?

Mon, December 16, 2019 @ 3:50 AM

32. wrote:
I do not know if it's just me or if everybody
else experiencing issues with your blog. It seems like some of the text on your content
are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
This could be a problem with my browser because I've had
this happen previously. Thanks

Mon, December 23, 2019 @ 5:14 PM

33. wrote:
Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It truly
useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to offer something again and help others
like you aided me.

Mon, December 23, 2019 @ 6:19 PM

34. wrote:
Have you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring on other sites?
I have a blog based on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I
know my visitors would value your work. If you're even remotely
interested, feel free to send me an email.

Tue, December 24, 2019 @ 1:03 AM

35. wrote:
I'm now not certain the place you're getting your information, but great
topic. I needs to spend a while finding out much more or working out more.
Thank you for excellent info I used to be on the lookout for
this info for my mission.

Tue, December 24, 2019 @ 2:35 PM

36. wrote:
I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.
I must spend some time learning much more or figuring out more.
Thanks for wonderful information I used to be in search of this info for my mission.

Tue, December 24, 2019 @ 2:56 PM

37. wrote:
Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog
and I am impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part :
) I care for such info much. I was seeking this certain info for a very
long time. Thank you and good luck.

Tue, December 24, 2019 @ 3:07 PM

38. wrote:
Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog loading?

I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Tue, December 24, 2019 @ 11:40 PM

39. wrote:
I constantly emailed this web site post page to all my
contacts, as if like to read it then my links will
too.

Wed, December 25, 2019 @ 1:57 PM

40. wrote:
My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find
most of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
Does one offer guest writers to write content available
for you? I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on a
number of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome
blog!

Fri, December 27, 2019 @ 3:22 AM

41. wrote:
Hi there, I desire to subscribe for this website to get latest updates, so where can i do it please help out.

Fri, December 27, 2019 @ 4:16 PM

42. wrote:
If some one wishes expert view regarding blogging
and site-building afterward i suggest him/her to pay a visit
this weblog, Keep up the good job.

Fri, December 27, 2019 @ 7:46 PM

43. wrote:
I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did
you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where
u got this from. thanks a lot

Sat, December 28, 2019 @ 2:51 AM

44. wrote:
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed
account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

Sat, December 28, 2019 @ 2:58 AM

45. wrote:
Truly no matter if someone doesn't understand
afterward its up to other visitors that they will assist, so here it occurs.

Sat, December 28, 2019 @ 3:22 AM

46. wrote:
If you wish for to obtain a great deal from this
paragraph then you have to apply these strategies to your won blog.

Sun, December 29, 2019 @ 8:31 PM

47. wrote:
I've been exploring for a little for any high
quality articles or weblog posts in this
kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site.
Studying this info So i'm glad to show that I have
a very good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed.
I such a lot surely will make sure to don?t fail to
remember this site and give it a look regularly.

Mon, December 30, 2019 @ 4:20 PM

48. wrote:
I have learn some just right stuff here. Certainly
value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you set to create such a magnificent informative web site.

Mon, December 30, 2019 @ 4:45 PM

49. wrote:
Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too.

This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up
the wonderful works guys I've incorporated you guys to blogroll.

Tue, December 31, 2019 @ 7:09 AM

50. wrote:
Hello there! This article could not be written any better!
Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
He continually kept talking about this. I will send this post to him.
Fairly certain he'll have a good read. I appreciate you for sharing!

Sun, January 5, 2020 @ 10:16 AM

51. wrote:
Thanks for the good writeup. It in reality was once a amusement account it.

Glance complex to more introduced agreeable from you!
By the way, how can we keep in touch?

Sun, January 5, 2020 @ 2:46 PM

52. wrote:
I'm curious to find out what blog platform you happen to
be working with? I'm experiencing some minor security issues with my latest
website and I'd like to find something more safe.
Do you have any recommendations?

Tue, January 14, 2020 @ 3:50 PM

53. wrote:
bookmarked!!, I really like your website!

Thu, January 16, 2020 @ 3:14 AM

54. wrote:
Hello to every one, it's actually a pleasant for me to go to
see this web site, it consists of precious Information.

Wed, January 22, 2020 @ 11:35 AM

55. wrote:
You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to
be really something which I think I would never understand.
It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post,
I'll try to get the hang of it!

Wed, January 22, 2020 @ 6:04 PM

56. wrote:
It's amazing in favor of me to have a web site, which is helpful designed
for my experience. thanks admin

Wed, January 22, 2020 @ 7:08 PM

57. wrote:
Thanks for every other excellent post. Where else may anyone get that type of information in such an ideal method of writing?
I've a presentation next week, and I'm at the search for such info.

Thu, January 23, 2020 @ 12:08 PM

58. wrote:
It's not my first time to visit this web page, i am browsing this site dailly
and obtain nice information from here all the time.

Fri, January 24, 2020 @ 9:41 AM

59. wrote:
This site truly has all the information and facts I needed concerning this subject
and didn't know who to ask.

Sat, January 25, 2020 @ 1:18 PM

60. wrote:
Very good article. I will be dealing with some of these
issues as well..

Sun, January 26, 2020 @ 1:44 PM

61. wrote:
Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site
is fantastic, as well as the content!

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 8:32 AM

62. wrote:
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by
searching for click here for more info

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 2:42 PM

63. wrote:
Great goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too magnificent.
I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you are saying
and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to
keep it sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you.
This is really a wonderful site.

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 6:42 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

Copyright © 2015 LUV Life Coaching LLC | All Rights Reserved.